The Planning & Environment Committee shall be empowered to exercise and perform on behalf of the Council, all powers and duties of the Council in relation to the matters listed below, which is not exhaustive. The Planning & Environment Committee may appoint sub-committees and delegate any of its powers to a sub-committee. The Planning & Environment Committee is empowered to incur expenditure where it has an allocated budget provision.
The Planning & Environment Committee covers the following:
- Comment on all planning applications received for Malmesbury
- To comment on behalf of the Council on all planning matters including Local Plans, Structure Plans, Mineral Plans, Waste Plans, regional Plans and any other Plans or Studies as considered appropriate.
- Highway and traffic matters
- Matters which generally affect the built or rural environment of the town
- To report to the relevant authorities any breach of planning within the Conservation Areas.
- To recommend policies to Council on all matters affecting traffic management, public transport and environmental issues.
- Bus Shelters and Street Furniture
- Street naming
The Committee for 2016/17 is chaired by Cllr. Roger Budgen. The voting membership of the committee comprises:
- Cllr. Roger Budgen (Chair)
- Cllr. Steve Cox
- Cllr. Julie Exton
- Cllr. John Gundry ( Deputy Chair)
- Cllr. Hayley Webb
- Cllr. Ray Sanderson
- Cllr. Andrew Woodcock
- Cllr. Wayne Jones
To contact the committee, please contact our Committee Clerk.
Meetings typically commence at 7pm and are held in the Council Chamber unless otherwise stated.
A calendar including dates of future meetings may be found in Committee Meetings.
Please see below for Meeting Agendas, Reports and Minutes: